Weight Loss for Insulin Users
Managing diabetes can create quite a dilemma for those trying to lose weight: the more insulin you take, the tighter your blood sugar. But insulin also contributes to weight gain. So how is an insulin user to manage their blood sugar and their weight? This course provides practical steps for achieving safe and effective weight loss without sacrificing glucose control.
Specific topics include:
- Goal setting: What’s ideal vs what’s REAL
- The weight-gain side-effects of high and low blood sugar
- Principles of caloric balance
- Creating an insulin “point system”
- Timing your exercise wisely
- The power of daily activity
- Smart carbs vs. foolish carbs
- Meds to the rescue?
- Reducing insulin safely