Placement Test: Managing Type-1 Diabetes During Pregnancy
1) Which of the following diabetes medications are FDA-approved for use during pregnancy?
B. Lantus (glargine) insulin.
C. Symlin (pramlintide).
D. Sulfonylureas (glyburide, glipizide, glimepiride).
2) The recommended blood sugar after meals during pregnancy is:
A. Less than 120 mg/dl (6.7 mmol/l).
B. Less than 140 mg/dl (7.8 mmol/l).
C. Less than 160 mg/dl (8.9 mmol/l).
D. Betwen 80 and 150 mg/dl (4.4-8.3 mmol/l).
3) The most common complication during the latter half of the first trimester is:
4) Which is true about exercise during pregnancy:
A. It is generally discouraged unless you were exercising prior to becoming pregnant.
B. It is essential that your heart rate not exceed 100 beats per minute.
C. It should be avoided if your blood pressure is not well controlled.
D. It will help the baby’s heart grow stronger.
5) Major risks to the baby include all of the following except:
A. Nervous system and cardiac defects during the 1st trimester.
B. Premature labor or complicated birth due to excessive growth.
C. Hyperactivity due to excess sugar exposure.
D. Being born hypoglycemic due to excessive insulin production.