Fine-Tuning Basal Insulin
Basal insulin is the foundation of intensive insulin management. Appropriate basal insulin doses are necessary to ensure personal safety, lifestyle flexibility, and optimal blood glucose control. Whether you use an insulin pump or take insulin by injection, this course will teach you the “art and science” of fine-tuning your basal insulin doses. Specific topics include:
- The science behind basal insulin
- The basal/bolus relationship
- Options for meeting basal insulin needs
- Procedures for testing basal insulin settings
- Guidelines for making basal insulin adjustments
- Applying temporary changes to basal insulin
Do you have what it takes to “test out” of this class?
Might we be able to teach you something new, or do you already know it all when it comes to basal insulin?