One of the greatest challenges in the life of someone with diabetes is managing blood glucose levels during various types of sports and exercise activities. This program provides specific insight for those who are looking to enhance athletic performance or simply keep from going high or low as a result of physical activity. Specific topics include:
- How glucose levels affect physical performance
- Basic science behind energy metabolism
- Strategies for preventing hypoglycemia during & after exercise
- Avoiding adrenaline-induced rises in blood glucose
- Managing glucose during endurance activities
- Overcoming logistical obstacles of pumping during sports
Do you have what it takes to “test out” of this class?
Have you figured out how to exercise without highs & lows? Do you know all of the tricks and techniques already? Or will this class teach you something new?